Living in the Carolinas is pretty fabulous! In addition to finding your next IT Career – consider the possibilities of living in the sunny Carolinas.
Whether you like mountains or beautiful beaches….we have it all here! Shopping, dining, and adventures in amazing places are just a few of the great things about the Carolinas.
Here are some helpful links about the areas of SC and NC:
Saluda Shoals Park:
Columbia, SC has been chosen as one of the top 10 places to live in America! It’s a great place to work too! Here is a link to see the article:
SYSTEMTEC’s Columbia Area Information on Pinterest:
Relocation Guide for Greensboro:
Triad area info for Greensboro:
SYSTEMTEC’s Triad Area Information on Pinterest:
Visitor Guide for Charlotte:
Things to do in Charlotte:
Outdoor Adventures in Charlotte:
SYSTEMTEC’s Charlotte Area Information on Pinterest:
First impressions are crucial on interviews! Here are some tips for making yours a success.
Interview 101: the golden egg!
- Do dress to impress! This is GO-TIME for serious professionalism. Attire should be acceptable by any conservative committee – not a direct reflection of your uniqueness or one-of-a-kind style.
- Do leave your cell phone in the car. Do not remotely tempt yourself to accept a phone call, check the time, temperature, or complete a round of chores on Hay Day.
- Do prepare. Be familiar with the job, very familiar with the company, and definitely with yourself. Be ready to site related-to-the-line-of-questioning experiences and accomplishments.
- Do make eye contact and be engaging. This is not the time to study the wall or that button on your coat – the interviewer will think you are either uncomfortable, insecure, or shifty.
- Do prepare at least three questions to ask that are specific to the need, the company, and how you can add value. Refer back to #3 – this shows you are intuitive and prepared. Unless your only question is about PTO and holiday pay because you take regular trips to the next state over to buy Powerball tickets.
- Don’t be negative. Any attempt to place blame or direct fault toward a current or previous employer is a direct and poor reflection on you. Contemplate and prepare a positive answer for any history you could be asked about that is less than comfortable to discuss.
- Don’t ramble or over share. Practice your responses to commonly asked questions – you will be nervous and getting chatty runs the risk of sharing too much. No one interviewing really knows where to put a response that includes, “…and that was before I went through my horrible divorce…”
- Don’t kiss this interviewers hand! Culture counts. If interviewing in America, a firm handshake with eye contact and a smile – perfect.
- Don’t try to lead the interview. This is not the time to showcase your controlling nature or “take charge” attitude. Best to leave any consideration of being a Bossypants to Tina Fey.
- Don’t lie on the employment application. For any reason. Period. Yes, employers do run background checks and yes, regardless of time passed, there is a possibility that “oops!” you committed in 1990 will appear. Many second chances are given to those who admit past failures.
COLUMBIA—SYSTEMTEC was recently named one of the best performing companies in the state.
SC Biz News is presenting the 2013 Roaring Twenties list features 20 small and 20 large companies that are blazing trails for growth in South Carolina. SYSTEMTEC placed in the large company category.
Qualifying companies were ranked according to growth and revenue. To qualify as a large company, gross revenue of $10 million or more was a requirement. Winners of the Roaring Twenties will be honored in a reception Oct. 24 at the Columbia Marriott and will be featured in the winter issue of SCBIZ magazine.
Since inception in 1998, SYSTEMTEC (www.systemtec.net) has been providing professional technical consulting services to large and small organizations, across private and public sectors, and to vertical markets including healthcare, product engineering, government, financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution.
SYSTEMTEC understands that in the hyper competitive business environments of today, agility is at the heart of necessity in order for organizations to be competitive.
In addition to our nimble management structure, SYSTEMTEC’s management team offers more than a century and a half of combined experience and expertise in delivering IT-based solutions to companies. Doing what we say we are going to do, when we say we are going to do it, sets us apart. Our relationships are solidified by the accomplishments we have enabled our clients to achieve.
Our success stories come from our clients; they speak to the direct and positive impact the efforts of our consultants have had to solving their business challenges and consequently, their bottom line.
Relationships. Resources. Results.